Thursday, January 11, 2018

my winter uniform

When you work for yourself and many of your days are spent alone in the studio, getting dressed (in something other than jammy pants and t-shirt) is a VERY good thing! Even though I spend a lot of time creating alone, I've made it a priority to get dressed and once in while I like to share some of the clothing that makes me very happy! This winter I've got a simple little uniform for myself:




While leggings and a sweater are super comfy and casual-I've found that adding a statement scarf and a fitted jacket helps me look a little more put together. And I can transition from making art to running errands without feeling like a slob!




7 comments:

Mary said...

Love this look!

Jen said...

I love how put together your look is! Any suggestions on how to look nice, and not end up with paint on all your clothes? I find I only have snippets of time to paint these days- and if I have to change into painting clothes to do so, my painting time is gone. I seem to have more "painting clothes" - stuff that started out for my normal wardrobe, and ended up with a splatter or two. Aprons/ smocks and such don't seem to cover enough. I am currently homeschool my 4 boys ages 8-16, so my art career is a part time endeavor squeezed in between activities. Any ideas?

Nanci said...

Hi Alisa Love your outfit, comfy and looks altogether chic and cool. Perfect to pair a fitted jacket and scarf for errands, then back to studio to paint. As far as "painting clothes" (previous comment) it would also be fine to wear a splatter or two top or jeans with something more dressy, like a vest/jacket over the top and scarf. After all, we are artists and some collaterol is bound to be in evidence. Show it off, wear it proud :)

Gumbo Lily said...

I like your uniform. Your hair is really cute too!

Ruth Inman said...

How do you not get paint on nice clothes??

Unknown said...

Love your fashion posts - although I am not really a keen clothes shopper I like to look good so more inspiration for 2018? It would be much appreciated.

Crooked Feather Studio said...

Jen I am in a similar situation I homeschool 3 of our 4 kids ...the youngest is still a baby... so I am always in between painting and schooling too. To keep my clothes somewhat clean I wear an apron with a sweater over it. It works at least for my top half, but my jeans are kind of a lost cause lol. I also don't have painting clothes, instead I do have non painting clothes. Hope that helps!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails