Friday, October 15, 2010

pumpkin muffins with vanilla glaze

1

I am in "fall mode" over here and that means pulling out all my favorite warm, spicy and comforting fall recipes. This is my ALL TIME favorite muffin recipe- it tastes like autumn! It started out as a recipe for a spiced pumpkin loaf that I have been making for years and then I decided to turn it into muffins- perfect for a cozy family breakfast, to give as a housewarming gift or just to eat all by yourself (like I did while creating this post).

FYI- this is a LARGE recipe- makes about 24 muffins but can be cut in half.

IMG_3615

Start by mixing-

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

IMG_3614

IMG_3616

next-

with an electric mixer beat 3/4 cup butter, softened
3 cups sugar
  • 3 eggs
Add one egg at a time and mix thoroughly.


IMG_3620


IMG_3622


IMG_3629

Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture.


IMG_3625

Add 2 cans of pumpkin puree or pumpkin pie mix.


IMG_3634

Mix everything together.


IMG_3636

Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla.


IMG_3642

3/4 cup of raisin (and/or favorite nuts)
mix again


IMG_3643

Spoon batter into a well greased muffin tin.

Bake at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes our clean


IMG_3648

Prepare glaze-

1 cup of powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
1-2 teaspoons of milk


IMG_3655

Remove muffins from the tins.

Once cool, drizzle the glaze lightly over the top.


IMG_3665

IMG_3669

pile on top of a plate and serve!


IMG_3681
2

23 comments:

Dawn D. Sokol said...

Stop it! You're killing me!!! ;)

Claire Kiefer said...

YUM! I have a remarkably free weekend, so I think some fall baking might be in order. Thanks for the idea!

Bee said...

I LOVE Autumn and all the warm, spicy,comforting fall recipes that go with it. Yum! Thanks for sharing!

Louisa said...

Those look delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Jodi Ohl said...

YUM! Love your recipe and your pictures are beautiful! Cute mixer!!

Sew-Over-It said...

Can I come over for coffee & muffins!? ;)
These look delish... Happy Autumn!
This is one of the reasons my favorite time of year is fall.
www.Sew-Over-It.blogspot.com

hand made said...

wondrful

Sonya McCllough Lockridge said...

YUM yum ... now, because of U, I'm inspired to bake this AM

Courtney Breul said...

Can't wait to try these for tomorrow's breakfast.

veronica said...

wow! this muffins are perfect for an autumn afternoon. I really like your blog, following you
See you
Veroni

holly k said...

Your photos truly make me want to go make them right now....pumpkin bread/muffins - my favorite fall treat!!! I've never tried it with the vanilla glaze though...mmm...

Sarah Anderson said...

these look delicious, I do wonder what the equivalent of 'all purpose' flour is here in the UK!

Emily said...

That just made me starvacious.

Lori P said...

Not only do they sound delicious, but they also look amazing.

Kari Desi said...

Oh my, but you do show the most scrumptious food here. My favorite fall food is Pumpkin Muffins (even better with a cup of tea). I will have to try your recipe. Thanks for sharing! :)

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I'm going to have to make these- they sound fabulous!

Lisbeth Bula said...

I have to try these one day. Looks wonderful- and I haven't had anything with pumpkin in for ages ( living in a remote town i Norway makes it hard to get a hold of cans of pumpkin, but I loved pumpkin pies while livin in Canada for a few years)The recipies and the sketchbooks- what lovelies!! I so enjoy your blog!

JessiVille said...

OMG! Yum! Thank you for sharing!

Chris Ferreira said...

Hummm. Delicious!!!

Chris
http://inventandocomamamae.blogspot.com/

Jessica said...

I have that exact same and hand mixer as you. It is the same color and everything. The first time I saw it on your blog it freaked me out. I use mine all the time. I was planning on making pumpkin cookies next weekend, but I'll have to try these pumpkin muffins now!

Relentless Toil said...

My little daughter and I made these on Sunday morning, halving the recipe and skipping the glaze. They were SO, SO, SO good. A ton of muffins ensued so we made goodie bags for the neighbors - a nice treat. Thanks so much.

dining room tables said...

These muffins are so lovely! I am drooling right now! I can't wait to try it.

Anonymous said...

1-2 teaspoons of milk....thats not right

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails