Monday, January 21, 2008

This is Today

Back to work today after a nice long holiday weekend and as much as I complain about having a job and wishing I could stay at home ALL day long and paint...I must say that I work in a lovely place. I snapped this shot as I walked out of my office for lunch- big blue sky with big puffy clouds and all the lovely spanish architecture surrounding me- I really need to be thankful for what I have today and stop wishing for perfection. I'll try harder- I promise!

In other news, the weekend was actually the first in a long time that I have relaxed- my hubby made me stay in bed yesterday with my book and magazines and before I knew it I was sucked into a marathon on the history channel of Monster Quest (my new favorite show!). I have this strange interest in legends and creatures such as bigfoot, the giant squid, sea monsters, etc. Yes, random fun fact about me that my husband can attest to as well as the many conversations that I start leading with the phrases like...what would you do if you were camping and saw bigfoot? Do you think that there could actually be giant sea serpents in remote parts of the world? What if there really are birdzilla creatures that eat people? Well, my day spent in bed learning of all the world's monsters and scientific data to back up their existence was like a dream come true!


And last, I found out that I will officially be at CHA on Tuesday, Feb 12th at the F+W Publications Booth #1751at 1:30pm doing a demonstration promoting my book Canvas Remix. This is both exciting and nerve racking at the same time! I feel like such a newbie in this whole process but it can't be as scary as meeting up with a bigfoot...right?

3 comments:

Linda Woods said...

I look forward to meeting you at cha!

JuanitaTortilla said...

I know! Bigfoots, Giant Squids, and the Loch Ness monster!

To believe, or not to believe?

Would love the idea of a Giant Squid though -- lots and lots of lots of calamari!

kelly rae said...

oh i hope they pick me for next years event!!!!

i love that you will be there! i have a feeling you will rock it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails